16 May 2010

The Tree...

So, tonight I go outside to get Charles to come in for the night.  I look in the garage and I don't see Nathan.  I look under the car and I don't see Nathan.  So, I yell quietly and don't get a response.  I figure Charles was in 'his tree' so I walked over and yelled for Charles.  Then I hear both Nathan and Charles laughing in the tree.  The thing of it is, I could hear them but I couldn't see them.  That is the thing about this tree and why it is so appealing to little boys and their dads.
Here is the tree from when we first got here.  Or at least shortly after while it was in the snow.  It looks pretty cool and big, but that is about it.  About a week ago, it started to get a few leaves and before we knew it, it was fully bloomed.  Now it looks like this...
I'm sure you can start to see why this would be the greatest play place for a little boy, but in case you can't, here are a few pictures from 'inside' the tree...

Also, once I got in there, I realized how big this tree was.  I don't think I really noticed that during the winter...


So, you can see that it is kind of big.  And that kind of brings me to tonight.  I'm outside (in a skirt!) and Nathan yells from inside the tree to go get the camera and come in there.  So, I do and I see that both Nathan and Charles have started climbing...

Now, I can already see that this is going to be quite the jungle gym for my boys this summer.  Nathan already has ideas of tree houses and stuff like that.  I'm not a big fan of the tree, because I know that there are all kinds of creepy crawlies in and around there, but I have to admit that I do like taking pics of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment