24 August 2011

Birthday Bash, Part 3...

An interesting thing that I really like about my birthday is the fact that my sister's birthday is exactly one month later (11 Aug & 11 Sept).  Because of this fact, this year, my mother decided to plan a fun family outing jointly for our birthdays.  I'm not sure how she came to the decision, but we decided to go to a ballgame.  I remember going to see the Cardinals play as a family when I was young and I loved it, so I was excited to go back and especially to take Chas with us.

Friday evening, Mom, Dad, Chas, and I drove up to STL.  It started to rain about the time we got to the hotel.  This did not bode well for our outdoors evening activity.  We stayed at a hotel right by the stadium, so we could just walk over to the park.  It appeared that everyone going to the game decided to stay there as well.  It took us a bit to check in and then a little while longer to stand in the line for the elevators, but we had a great room and a few hours to kill before heading over to the stadium.  We rested and watched TWC to see if the rain would stop (it did) and then we had a little family photo shoot.  Go ahead and scroll past if you want, it won't hurt my feelings...











Of course, I also have a few gratuitous pics of the stadium...

I haven't followed baseball in quite a few years, but I had a blast and enjoyed getting to talk baseball with my dad and Chas.  I think even my mom had fun.  We had great seats and the Cards won!!  Though, admittedly, Fredbird was one of Chas' favorite things about the game, which earned him a Build-a-Bear Fredbird during the 7th Inning Stretch.


 Mom was taking the pic, so she didn't get in this one.  Resulting in the pic below of the quintessential  sporting event pose...

No comments:

Post a Comment