01 January 2016

2016's Word...



Chas asked me early on Christmas Eve what my favorite Christmas hymn was.  I couldn’t be bothered at that moment to think on it and answer.  I was in the process of helping my mom and T-dub cook, wrap presents, and get ready for Christmas Eve service at church.  And did I mention that I’d been up since 5am and driven 4 hours to get there?

It wasn’t until we got to church and the beauty of it all fell upon me that I realized not only what my favorite hymn was and what my word should be this year.  We all stood in the darkened sanctuary with the soft glow of all those beautiful lights and began to sing:

Joy to the world
The Lord is come
Let earth receive her King
Let every heart prepare Him room

It hit me like a ton of bricks.  Thinking of the blessed anticipation of Advent and singing this song just made sense.  Joy to the world!  The Lord is come!  Please, Jesus, let earth receive her King!  And let every heart prepare Him room.  Let me receive my King and my heart prepare Him room.  Please give me joy, Lord!

In the past few years, I’ve worked on Wisdom and Peace, so now I will see how Joy is going to fit into this work that Jesus is currently doing in my life.  I don’t know how this is going to work out.  It is taking a great amount of faith to commit to this and that will call upon what I’ve been learning so far about Peace, anxiety, and fear.


Do you have a word this year?  If so, what is it and how does that fit into your life?

2 comments:

  1. love that you have a song and a word!
    mine is purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! Purpose is such a good word for the year.

      Delete