05 January 2016

It’s All About The Books



Reading is one of my favorite pastimes.  I’ve posted pretty extensively about it here.  So, without further ado, I will post my reading goals for 2016.

Help My Unbelief by Barnabas Piper
Searching for Sunday by Rachel Held Evans
The Jesus I Never Knew by Phillip Yancey
Housewife Theologian by Aimee Byrd
The Making of an Ordinary Saint by Nathan Foster
Something by Wendell Berry (I’ve yet to decide on a title)
The Hole in Our Holiness by Kevin DeYoung
The Abolition of Man by CS Lewis
The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst
Simply Jesus by NT Wright
Notes from a Blue Bike by Tsh Oxenreider
Orthodoxy by GK Chesterton
Hipster Christianity by Brett McCracken
The Blue Parakeet by Scot McKnight
Father Brown Mystery by GK Chesterton
Recovering Redemption by Matt Chandler
The Insanity of God by Nik Ripken
Heretics by GK Chesterton

I only have 18 books on my list this year.  I will explain a little more of the reasoning behind that soon.  I also usually like to leave a couple spots open for recommendations.  Otherwise, this is pretty much it.

I do realize that this list is a little unbalanced.  There’s a lot of Chesterton and not a lot of fiction.  Those kind of go hand-in-hand.  I actually added Father Brown to compensate for the lack of fiction.  A good portion of this list is actually heavy on books that I already own.  Other than that, I will see how it goes.  I have a lot of books that I’d like to read, but this list is pretty skewed.  I may either learn a lot or it could backfire and I may get bored with the same topics.


So, there it is.  What are you reading this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment