16 January 2015

Let's Get Physical...

I'm only slightly embarrassed to admit that I still do New Year's Resolutions.  There was a fair gap there where I didn't, but in recent years I have gotten caught up in the idea of change and newness.  Last year, I didn't do as well as I had hoped, but I will say that my mindset was different.

To make my resolutions for 2015, I decided to focus on the 4 pillars of health (I wrote more about those here.)  So, I divided my list into Physical, Spiritual, Mental, and, well, Family - but that hinges on emotional, right?  I came up with 3-5 resolutions for each category.  Some aren't shareable, but I wanted to help stay accountable, so I'll share what I can.

Today, I want to focus on the Physical list.  There are the resolutions that will pertain to my physical health.

1. Workout 3-5 times a week.  My plan is to go to our fitness center while it's cold out on M-W-F (I'll switch over to running outside when it gets warmer, remember when it was #stupidcold last week?).  I'm also going to go to fitness classes twice a week with my BFF.

2. Run(ish) at least one 5K this year (hopefully, two).  This was the one of the only resolutions I completed last year.  I can't stop now!  The BFF has already signed up for the Foam Glow Run and the Color Run is in May.

3.  Eat healthier and simpler.  Less sugar, more water.  I have already started this, but I want to keep going and take it as far as I can.

4.  Be more diligent in personal care.  I already pay a crazy amount of attention to why goes into my food, why don't I do the same with my personal care?  I need to find the best way to take care of my skin, hair, and body.  And trim my hair more often/cut down on the hair dye.  Seriously.

5.  Introduce more natural/holistic/homeopathic healthcare (both treating and preventative).  I've known for some time that I have to start looking into probiotics and digestive enzymes.  I just resist because who wants to focus on gut health?  This is the year, though.  Read, research, and do.


It's seems like a lot for such a small list.  On the one hand, it all seems so basic and easy.  On the other, it is incredibly daunting.  I have to remember that it is a journey.  I'm not looking for things that I can check off of a list.  I want a better lifestyle for me and my family so that I can serve and glorify God in the manner that He desires.  This is what I'm attempting so that I can get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment